State Solar Hot Water Rebates
ACT Solar Hot Water Rebate
The ACT Energy Wise program, run by the ACT Government, offers solar hot water rebates to homeowners or tenants that do energy saving improvements for at least $2000 to their residence. This includes everything from insulation, inserting double glazed windows to the installation of solar, gas or electric heat pump water heating systems.
Only the first $1000 of the cost of the installation of the water heating system (which replaces the existing electric heating system) can be used to calculate the $2000 to be used on improvements. This means that to receive the rebate, the householder needs to spend another $1000 on additional energy savings.
- To be eligible for the ACT solar hot water rebate of $500 the householder/tenant must:
- Have an energy audit by HEAT ($30) (Ph 02 6260 6165 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Be able to give detailed information about the residence's energy usage during the past year.
- Be able to show receipts from the renovations and improvements made.
- Lodge the application with attached receipts within six months after the energy audit.
- Not have received any other rebate under another program.
The ACT solar hot water rebate is in addition to STCs.
NSW Solar Hot Water Rebate
The NSW Government previously offered a rebate of $300 for all solar hot water systems eligible for a minimum of 20 Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) under the Mandatory Renewable Energy Target (MRET). This is in addition to federal solar hot water rebates and RECs.
The NSW solar hot water rebate was available until June 30 2011 & applied only to residential buildings.
- The new hot water system must:
- Replace an existing electric hot water system
- Be for residential properties in NSW only
- Be purchased between 15 January 2010 and 30 June 2011
- Be installed by a licensed plumber
- Comply with the Building Sustainability Index for new homes
SA Solar Hot Water Rebate
If you live in South Australia and meet the below requirements then you might be eligible for the SA solar hot water rebate.
- A $500 rebate is only applicable to the below concession card holders:
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
- DVA Gold Card – Totally and Permanently Incapacitated
- DVA Gold Card - War Widow
- DVA - Extreme Disablement Adjustment